The plain white porcelain is perfect for the Easter brunch. Stripes are in, why not red and blue? Totally easy with the masking technique and porcelain or Glass paints. Why not decorate some napkins too?
Textile & Glass Painting
Chic stripes for Easter brunch with Marabu Paints
For Textile & Glass Paints CLICK HERE
How to do it:
- First pre-clean the porcelain with scouring agent and a sponge before painting. Then rinse 2-3 more times in the dishwasher so that the finish is completely removed. Finally clean thoroughly with a solvent based cleaner so that they are free of dust and grease.
- Mask off the stripe design with masking tape as desired.
- Stir the Glass paints well and put some paint on a tear-off mixing palette. Pick up the colour with the stencil brush and apply it between the glued strips. Wait a moment and dab over it again without colour. This avoids air bubbles.
- After application, peel off the tape and let the paint dry well. The paint is dust-dry after 30 minutes and dishwasher-safe after a drying time of 3 days. We recommend washing the painted porcelain in the glasses and cups program at max. 50 °C.
Marabu Tips&Tricks: cleaning porcelain | You should keep this in mind when painting porcelain
Tips and Tricks
- We recommend wearing disposable gloves when designing the porcelain. In this way, no skin oil gets from your fingers onto the porcelain and impairs the adhesion of the paint.
*This project was taken from Marabu Instructions & Ideas 21/02/22